Remembering Veterans

By sam brier

Today is Veterans’ Day—a day for us to honor all the brave men and women of the United States military who’ve given their lives and who continue to give their lives in the service of our country. Throughout our history, these selfless individuals have fought to protect our people, defending our nation and the freedoms we hold dear. But we can do more than just honor and remember. Right now, thousands of American soldiers stationed in the Middle East continue to serve our country. They won’t get to see their families this Thanksgiving or Christmas. In the end, some will return home with missing limbs. Others will return with damaged minds. And still others will not return home at all. At the very minimum, we owe these courageous souls our heartfelt thanks. This afternoon from 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., join us on the lower floor of the Campus Center as we write letters to soldiers, expressing our gratitude and admiration for their sacrifices. To all past and present members of the U.S. Armed Forces, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for your service.