MNfashion's Pale Rider runway show amazes fashionistas

By Tatiana Craine

This year, MNfashion hosted its first-ever fall runway show, Pale Rider, at the MNfashion Atrium in Northeast Minneapolis. MNfashion is a local fashion community devoted to granting local designers attention and resources. Part of MNfashion Week, a series of fashion-oriented events and catwalk shows from Sept. 20-26, Pale Rider encompassed the best of local designers Danielle Everine and Raul Osorio. Everine’s designs took inspiration from Western garb merged with the soft and romantic imagery from biblical texts like Revelations. The last piece in her line was accented with feathered arrows joined along the spine of the fitted jacket while the model wore a jaunty fur cap.

Osorio took opposites and united them in a gorgeous line featuring strong silhouettes and feminine contours. His collection relied heavily on the juxtaposition of lace tops and tightly-fitting, high-waisted bottoms and oversized bows. One of his outstanding pieces showed off a sleek and simple black dress with poufed shoulders on a model donning an oversized, veiled hat over a Gibson Girl hairstyle.

With lace, fur, leather and silk layers, both lines showcased very delicate patterns and impeccably tailored clothing worthy of all the hype and attention.

Without doubt, Pale Rider was the shining star of MNfashion Week Fall 2010. Both designers earned standing ovations for their innovative and historically inspired clothing.