Letters to the Editor

Come to Macalester’s second Relay for Life tonight from 6 p.m to 6 a.m. in the Leonard Center Fieldhouse (enter from Snelling). The Relay for Life is an all-night walk-a-thon benefitting the American Cancer Society. The event goes throughout the night to symbolize the never-ending fight against cancer until a cure is found. Last year, the event raised over $13,000 and this year we are hoping to raise $20,000! Don’t miss out on entertainment and activity throughout the night, including 9 student musical groups, Scoil Rince and Fresh Concepts! We will also have a moonbounce, fantastic food and tee-shirts for participants. Don’t miss out on the campus-wide movement against cancer! Any questions, please email [email protected].

Adam Freedman ’12, [email protected]

Thursday the 29th – Candle-light vigil for Phoebe Prince! After an all-day posting of testimony from Macalester students about their experience with harassment and bullying, we’ll gather at sunset to honor the memory of this girl who took her life at the age of 15 after being viciously harassed by her schoolmates. We will focus on what can be done to hold people accountable for hurtful actions and on ways to intervene with and prevent them. This event is hosted by Active Minds at Macalester. Location TBD and will be announced in upcoming fliers.

Russell Schneider ’10, [email protected]