36 Hours: Study Day

By Jenny Ledig

Study Day is the designated day off that enabes you to have more time to prepare for finals. Think of this guide as an alternative type of preparation for the grueling days that await you. It’s your snowday on a perfect spring day. Don’t waste it cooped up in the library. You’ll be miserable soon enough, so enjoy this reprieve while you can! Tuesday 11 p.m. DIY Midnight Breakfast
I am personally offended on behalf of the spring semester that there is no Midnight Breakfast. Although it won’t be the same as he aring “That’s Not My Name” blasting in Café Mac while President Brian Rosenberg hands out bacon and eggs, make your own late night feast. Whether you whip up your own b-fast for dinner, hit up T-Bell for your 4th meal or take advantage of Chino Latino’s happy hour #treatyoself. Legend has it that a decade ago, students used to attend Midnight Breakfast naked. So we’ve got a lot to live up to. Wednesday 11 a.m. Zzzzzz
Sleep in. This could be the last good sleep you get for a while, so relish it and make it count. 12:00 p.m. Chow Time
Brunch//Lunch. Peruse the MockWeekly while you fuel up for the big day ahead of you.

Enjoy a picnic on the lawn with fancy sandwiches from the Cheese Shop (1573 Grand Avenue). 1:30 p.m. Hit the Big Screen
Go see a movie! You can choose between these flicks that opened Friday: 1) If you need one more reason not to go pursue a career in academia, go see The Five-Year Engagement. Emily Blunt and Jason Segel’s wedding plans keep getting delayed as she gets put through the ringer by academia in her pursuit to land a job at UC Berkley. Added bonus: get your dose of NBC Thursday night comedy done right with Chris Pratt of “Parks and Recreation” and Alison Brie from “Community.” 2) Distract yourself from how petrified you are of finals by going to see The Raven. You’ve been inundated with their ads on Spotify, so connect the creepy voices with their equally sinister faces. Plus, it’ll probably help you with your English take-home, right?! 4:00 p.m. Replenish your Vitamin D deficiency
Soak up some sun on the lawn while “reading.” 5:30 p.m. (Fro)YOLO
Get some guilt free goodness at FreeStyle (500 Lexington Parkway). Feel like a winner when you spin and win a discount. 6:00 p.m. Last Supper
Go to Rooster’s BBQ Deli (979 Randolph Avenue) for fried chicken or some barbeque or try Rusty’s Tacos (508 Lexington Parkway) right next door to Free Style Yogurt. Eat your feelings before endless work and no sleep. Your next meals will probably consist of Red Bull and anxiety.
7:30 p.m. #wired
Get some coffee from Dunn Bros to gear up for the long night ahead of you. After this you’ll put your nose to the grindstone. 8:00 p.m. GIF time
Check whatshouldwecallme.tumblr.com Check whatshouldwecallmac.tumblr.com
Check howdoiputthisgently.tumblr.com 8:15 p.m. Prepare for life after Mac
Go on Pinterest. Find a few more floral arrangements for your wedding and add a few more pins to your beach house board. 9:00 p.m. Support group meeting
Look at Facebook. Post beleaguered status about how screwed you are. Threaten to deactivate your Facebook. Refresh news feed. 10:00 p.m. Flirt with fruit
Troll like a little. Talk to boysenberry_736. Post like a little’s about your friends. 10:30 p.m. Catch up on current events
Go on Hulu and watch “The New Girl” and “Cougar Town.” 1:00 a.m. It’s business time
Start studying. Realize it’s technically Thursday. Well done, you! Now you’ve gotten all of the procrastination out of your system and you’re ready to get buckle down. #jk refresh –>