A note from your Springfest coordinators

As you hopefully know by now, Springfest #2k15 will be this Saturday from 3-8 p.m.. We feel so lucky to host Rae Sremmurd, Sasha Go Hard and our student band, Spa. We are thrilled to announce that Springfest will be OUTSIDE on Shaw Field. We hope everyone is looking forward to Saturday as much as we are! If you are planning to attend, you should be aware of a few things.

On Saturday, we are expecting warm and sunny weather (HYFR). However, this is Minnesota … so while you are rocking your Springfest t-shirt or tank, it might be a good idea to have a sweater or light coat on hand.

Speaking of t-shirts and tank tops, they will be available for purchase at the event. Both are $5. Bring cash to purchase a shirt! #youngtrendsetter.

Make sure to bring your Macalester student ID to the event. You cannot get in for free without it. If you lost your ID, make sure to get over to card services before Friday afternoon. Card services closes each day at 4:30 p.m. Without your Mac ID, you will be charged for general admission ($10). Also, for those who are over 21, please remember to bring your government-issued ID in order to have access to the beer garden. Drinks are $3 each, cash only.

We will be giving away meal tickets to the first 500 students who arrive at Springfest. This meal ticket will get you a $5 meal at one of the two food trucks: Cave Cafe and Potter’s Pasties. Attendants are also able to purchase food items, so make sure you bring cash if you plan to eat #throwsummo.

Before checking in, all students will be checked by security. All water bottles must be empty. Small purses only. Anyone with large bags or outside food or drink will not be allowed to enter, so please leave all that at home.

While the two of us have been working all year to make this event amazing, we could not have done this without the help of our amazing staff advisors Suresh Mudragada & Laura Stittsworth, the entire Program Board, Macalester security and facilities, the concerts and festivals committee, all participating student orgs, as well as our Springfest student and staff volunteers. Together, we’ve put a tremendous amount of time and energy into this event and we only ask in return that you all are respectful. If you plan on drinking for this event, please make sure you and your friends are being safe and responsible #stop@buzzed. If you or someone you know needs assistance, Mac EMTs will be providing their services during the event. EMTs will be located under the blue tent near the Leonard Center (by the swings). If you think someone may be in need of help, please notify staff or security immediately.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us. Additionally, we invite you to check out the Facebook page for more information about the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/348257322044726/.