To Mac, with love

Dear Mac Students:

Thank you. Thank you for showing that parent where the glasses were in Cafe Mac, even though you were mid-read through reading a stack of library books during your lunch. Thank you for hosting a PF (and sometimes two). Thank you for giving campus tours. Thank you for overhearing me give directions to Olin Rice to a PF and offering to walk him there since you were heading that way (and thank you for how you proceeded to ask him as you walked away, “So, where are you from?”). Thank you for waiting in line for 15 minutes to get eggs at breakfast. Thank you for coming to pick up your PF and take her to your room when she felt ill in the middle of the day. Thank you for scheduling 80 class visits in one week. Thank you for sharing your classroom, your professor, your campus.

Thank you for your generosity of spirit, for your many kindnesses, for your abundant patience, for your warm hospitality. Thank you for welcoming the many (MANY!) guests we have had on campus this spring. We simply couldn’t do it without you, and we are so very thankful for you.

You make me so very proud and grateful to be part of the Mac community!