Show: CampCamera

2012 CampCAMERA Spring Gallery Show. Photo by William Matsuda.

2013 CampCAMERA Group Photo. Photo by William Matsuda.
]1 2013 CampCAMERA Group Photo. Photo by William Matsuda.
This Friday the spring gallery show for CampCAMERA will open showcasing a semester of collaboration between Macalester students and YouthCARE, an after-school photography program. YouthCARE (Youth for Cultural Appreciation and Racial Equality) is a nonprofit based in Minneapolis working with Twin Cities residents ages 7 to 18 years old.

The event will feature pictures from YouthCARE participants and Al Lenzmeier’s West Side Boys and Girls Club along with food from Shish and music performed by Shahar Eberzon ’12. The show is returning to Gallery13 for a second year. The gallery, located in Minneapolis is right off of bus and light rail lines.

]2 2012 CampCAMERA Spring Gallery Show. Photo by William Matsuda.

Macalester students participate in CampCAMERA year round to run the photography program, including Alexander Bentz ’14, program manager. “I’m excited,” he said, “to see the results of a semester of hard work on the part of all the youth and Mac volunteers. The photos are amazing and the youth are really excited to have everyone come see their work.”

Free and open to the public

Saturday, April 27th, 6:00-9:00 p.m.

Gallery13
811 LaSalle Avenue
Minneapolis, MN