Sweets Bakeshop: a MACalicious treat

By Sarah Krumholz

Surprisingly on Tuesday Café Mac made my night. After a stressful day of difficult midterms, malfunctioning printers and a floor mate who would not stop playing his guitar, I thought I was going to lose it, but then Café Mac did something wonderful. It filled its usually tiresome dessert case with beautiful sugary, pink frosted cupcakes and automatically I felt like a kid in a candy store. That is the amazing thing about cupcakes; they have a medicinal quality that just makes you constantly feel better.

It was this cupcake high that caused me to visit Sweets Bakeshop on 2042 Marshall Avenue. Sweets is a bakery that makes delicious French macaroons, cupcakes, brownies and blondie’s. Using local and natural ingredients whenever possible, this bakery definitely kept my cupcake high going.

It was Sweets’ variety of cupcake flavors that intially lured me in. Sweets hosts eight cupcake flavors everyday with three roating flavors each day and one new flavor each week. This last week’s flavor was carmel apple pie. The flavors are all unique with creative twists to classics such as spicy chocolate and cookie dough.
Sweets has been open since November 2009 and will be celebrating its one year aniversary on Nov. 14. Free cupcakes will be handed out as well as a free custom t-shirt for the first 100 people. So if you are looking for a great study break and a delcious treat, Sweets Bakeshop is open from 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. everyday.