Search for a new dean for IGC

By Louis Hendrix

The College is searching for a new Dean for the Institute for Global Citizenship (IGC). The IGC Dean Search Committee has identified four candidates for the position. Three of our finalists will be on campus in the next two weeks. (The fourth candidate will visit early spring term.) This is an excellent opportunity for students to get involved. There will be multiple opportunities for students to meet the candidates. This is your chance to help shape the future of the IGC! Candidate #1 Monday, December 5th – 4:30-5:30 p.m. Weyerhaeuser Board Room Presentation to the Macalester Community “The Role of Global Citizenship in the Liberal Arts” Tuesday, December 6th – 12:15-1:00 p.m., Student Open Forum @ Campus Center 215 Candidate #2 Thursday, December 8th – 12:15 – 1:00 p.m. Student Open Forum @ Davis Court, Markim Hall 4:15-5:15 @ Davis Court of Markim Hall Presentation to the Macalester Community “The Role of Global Citizenship in the Liberal Arts” Candidate #3 Monday, December 12: 12:15-1:00 p.m. Student Open Forum @ Davis Court, Markim Hall 4:15-5:15 @ Davis Court of Markim Hall Presentation to the Macalester Community “The Role of Global Citizenship in the Liberal Arts” Louis Hendrix ’13 is a Member of the IGC Dean Search Committee