MCSG candidate statements: nominees for unopposed positions

Financial Affairs Committee: Daimon HardyHi, my name is Daimon Hardy, and I am running for the position of Financial Affairs Committee Chair. I am a first year from Atlanta, Georgia. I am running for FAC Chair because I want to become (more) involved with student organizations on campus. I feel like when choosing to become involved with student orgs this is a fine line between doing something for the sake of being involved and doing something that you have a genuine interest in. Upon reading the description of the FAC Chair on the MCSG website, I thought that it would be a position perfect for me. That is, it appeals to my interests of working with people and problem solving. I will have incredibly big shoes to fill, but I am willing to try. This is an opportunity that I can’t pass up. Like the old saying goes, cantneverdidnothin’.

Student Services Commission: Stephanie Vilendrer

Hey! I’m Stephanie Vilendrer, and I am running for Student Services Commission exec! I’m finishing my first year at Mac and on MCSG (as a member of the SSC). On campus, you might have spotted me playing saxophone or singing in the music building, studying chem in Olin Rice, doing headstands in the LC, or, of course, debating in MCSG! Let’s make the 2010-2011 school year the best yet … Please vote for Steph V. for SSC!

Program Board Chair: Katie Agnew

Being Program Board Chair this last semester was such a great experience, that I want to do it again! I plan on increasing our visibility across campus by improving publicity and campus wide events. Further, I would like to see more reoccurring events (such as Spring Fest), by planning a Winter Ball 2010 as well as other large, campus wide events. Finally, apart from planning awesome events, I will increase the Program Board’s availability to and interactions with other student organizations to ensure that they have access to the proper programming resources. Because I am coming into this position having already held it, I bring in a lot of experience. This will allow me not only to continue working on the overall direction of the Program Board, but to also improve our reputation across campus. Please re-elect me for Program Board Chair, I know what I’m doing!