Let’s leave Mac better than we found it!

By The Senior Class Gift Committee

Seniors, take a moment and think about your time here at Mac. Has a professor or staff member made a significant impact on your life? Was there a course that changed your perspective or got you excited about a particular field of work or study? Did you receive any financial aid or study abroad? Over 90% of the alumni surveyed last year agreed that “attending Macalester was a significant, positive, life-changing experience for me.” What about you? This year’s Senior Class Gift (SCG) committee has chosen to continue directing our gift to Macalester’s Annual Fund. Some may ask why we should give the Senior Class Gift to the Annual Fund. Giving to the Annual Fund is the most effective way to support anything that happens at Mac. Almost half (46 percent) of the money raised goes towards recruiting and retaining excellent faculty and staff; 27 percent helps fund financial aid; 19 percent supports programs like study abroad, internships, health services and career development; and the remaining eight percent goes into technology and facility maintenance. Essentially, giving to the Annual Fund ensures that current and future students have the exceptional opportunities that many of us have had. Will we leave a physical mark behind, too? YES! Here’s the deal: if 55 percent of our 442-member class (a new participation record) donates any amount to the Annual Fund, a student space in the new Janet Wallace Fine Arts Building will be named after the Class of 2012. So, we get to give back in the most impact-filled way possible, and the Class of 2012 will leave a tangible legacy behind. Giving is easy and secure online at macalester.edu/giving or by cash or check to the Annual Fund. You are encouraged to designate an honoree (faculty or staff) with your gift. A donation of $20.12 (get it?) is suggested, but any amount allows you to honor someone and will count towards our participation goal. Giving back to Macalester demonstrates our support towards everything Macalester strives for. Let’s show our love for Mac, and leave it better than we found it. Give today refresh –>