Founders' Day: Better than Prom

By Tressa Versteeg

Shocked to find, Founders’ Day is just around the corner. Never fear, The Mac Weekly is here to help you do planning for the campus wide shindig to make sure it’s a night to remember. Best places for a fancy pre-party dinner away from campus
moto-i: Sake and snacks are what you’ll find in this Japanese style pub. It’s affordable, different and tasty. Located at 2940 Lyndale Ave. S., Mpls.

Black Sheep Coal-Fired Pizza: Pizza has always been a people pleaser and this new East Coast feel pizzeria will not disappoint, with its flavorful toppings and coal-oven baked thin-crusts. Located at 600 Washington Ave. N., Mlps.

Barrio: Always lively and exciting, Barrio offers a myriad of Latin dishes, sure to get your taste buds jumping. Located at 925 Nicollet Mall, Mpls.
Making the best of the lingering winter on a full stomach
Tray Sledding: Find a hill: near the MARC, behind Dupre, or if you’re really ambitious (and unethical, because The Mac Weekly doesn’t condone this) the golf course on Cretin Ave. and Marshall Ave.

Late night grub: After all that dancing, you’ll need some caloric energy. Neighborhood Cafe (Selby Ave.), Perkins (University), Mickey’s Diner (Downtown St. Paul) or The Uptowner (Grand Ave) are all open late.

Best places to find that last minute outfit
Snelling and Selby Ave.: If you are looking for a little vintage you can find a whole lot of it only a few blocks north of campus. Up-Six, Lula’s and Go Vintage are located around offer a variety of both men’s and women’s clothing, ranging from classic to funky, sophisticated to gaudy. Expect to pay around $25-$50.

Savers: The prices don’t get any lower than at Savers (located on Lake Street). If you have the drive and the patience, there are racks upon racks of clothes. Expect to find items on the less fancy side, but still good for a fun Founders’ Day.

Rosedale Mall: If you don’t mind fighting off a few teenie boppers and their mothers, the Rosedale Mall offers a plethora of stores to fit your style, taste and pocketbook.