Oscars: last-minute screening locations and all you need to know

Oscars%3A+last-minute+screening+locations+and+all+you+need+to+know+

movie grid(1)

This Sunday the 85th Academy Awards will take place at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles. In anticipation of the film industry’s biggest event of the year several theaters are screening Oscar nominated movies.

AMC Theaters:

AMC screens all the movies nominated for best picture in their “Best Picture Showcase.” For $40 this Saturday they will screen Beasts of the Southern Wild, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, and Zero

Dark Thirty.  AMC also has a one day marathon at its Eden Prairie location that starts at 10:00AM Saturday and goes until Sunday that will screen all the films nominated for best picture.

Mann Theaters:

Closer to campus, the Grandview Theater is showing Argo, nominated in seven categories including best picture. The Highland Theater on Cleveland Ave is showing Silver Linings Playbook, which is nominated in eight categories.

JBD:

In JBD on Sunday, Campus Programs will screen Beasts of the Southern Wild and Argo at 2:00PM and 4:00PM respectively. Afterwards at 6:00pm they will show red carpet coverage and the award ceremony.

Landmark Theaters:

In uptown Minneapolis, the Lagoon Cinema is playing Lincoln, Argo and Silver Linings Playbook. They are also playing films nominated in the animated and live action short film categories.