This collection of resources was compiled by The Mac Weekly, based off of information provided by the Macalester College Laurie Hamre Center for Health & Wellness and other local sources.
- Counseling Drop-in Appointments (Daily – First come; first served)
- Group counseling (Seven topic-based groups meeting weekly/biweekly throughout the semester)
- Specialized Staff:
- Sports Psychologist
- Dialectical behavioral therapist
- Consulting psychiatrist
- Transportation aid to off-campus counseling
Center for Religious and Spiritual Life
- Make a drop in appointment with one of the college chaplains by emailing [email protected].
- Email [email protected].
Voices on Mental Health [email protected]
RA on call: Telephone numbers are posted on the door of your residence hall office. You can also reach the RA on call, by calling Security.
Jan Serie Center for Scholarship and Teaching (for faculty and staff)
Dewitt Wallace Library, Suite 338, call 651-696-6605
- Press2: Macalester-offered 24/7 phone counseling: 651-696-6275, Press “2” to be connected to a mental health counselor.
- Crisis Connection: (612) 379-6363 (24/hr phone service)
- Ramsey County Urgent Care for Adult Mental Health: 651-266-7900 (can come to you if at risk)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: Call 1-800-273-8255 for free, 24/7 help or contact 1-800-799-4889 if you are deaf/hard of hearing
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 for free, 24/7 help
Live, online network that uses instant messaging to respond to people in crisis.
Strategies for dealing with triggers and flashbacks.
- Student grief organization.
Free, walk-in mental health counseling, MW, 5-7pm
1133 Grand Avenue, St. Paul
Friends and Families of Suicide
Friends and Families of Suicide is an ongoing Survivors of Suicide support group meeting. The meetings are facilitated by peer-facilitators and are not a substitute for counseling or care by professionals. The support group provides a place of support and comfort where those that have lost a loved one to suicide can be comfortable talking about their loss as well as hearing about the losses of others. FFoS meets the 3rd Monday of every month 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Twin Cities Friends Meeting,1725 Grand Ave., St Paul MN For more information please call: Tracy Toner, Peer Facilitator, 651-587-8006
Free, weekly support group led by two individuals who have also lost a loved one to suicide. Contact Leigh Block to register before attending first group @ 651-266- 5674 or 612-673- 3951. St. Paul location: Monday 6:30-8:00 pm @ St. Paul Police Department, 367 Grove Street, St. Paul, MN
- call 651-596-1223
- SAVE also provides information for people outside the country in need of resources.
AED PUBLIC LOCATIONS
- 30Mac/Bigelow/Wallace – 30 Mac west entry
- 77 Mac – Second floor near room 204
- Briggs House – First floor porch
- Ball Fields Press Box – In press box
- Campus Center – First floor near front west entry
- Carnegie Hall – Inside east entry to the right
- Chapel – Main level to the right of entry doors
- Doty/Turck – Doty first floor lobby, south entrance
- Dupre – First floor lobby near entrance
- Janet Wallace Fine Arts Center – Near the north entry
- GDD – Lobby near elevator
- Kagin Commons – Atrium first floor near entry to offices
- Kirk – Section 1, near office
- Lampert – Ground floor near stairway
- Leonard Center – seven locations throughout building
- Library – First floor near elevator
- Markim – First floor near elevator
- Old Main – Ground floor near elevator
- Olin-Rice – Smail Gallery near elevator
- Stadium – East (Snelling Ave) entry
- Weyerhaeuser Hall – First floor near elevator
- Ordway Field Station – Near front entry