Love is in our name and in the air this week. So if you haven’t made plans already for Valentine’s Day, I’ve put together a list of 14 things that you can do with that special someone in the neighborhood on February 14th…
1) Shish: Go to Shish and get a delicious slice of their red velvet cake — well its really cake from Cafe Latte (located at the corner of Victoria and Grand) so if you really feel like getting off campus, you can go eat it where its made.
2) Carmelo’s and/or Cupcake: I haven’t personally been to these two places but I’ve heard from friends that they’re perfect date spots. Carmelo’s is located on the south end of campus at the intersection of St. Clair and Snelling. Cupcake can be found on the corner of Snelling and Selby.
3) Walk to the River: Yeah it’s a little cold, but for the outdoor- and winter-minded couples, the frozen river might warm your hearts.
4) Kagin: Just kidding, although some couples have met there. Maybe taking a trip back in time to where you first met is in order.
5) Sledding: Sneak into the golf course off of Marshall and West River Road — the hills there are perfect for sledding, and rolling around in the snow can be fun too…
6) Facetime/Skype: For the long distance couples, spending hours talking to your significant other is the perfect way to enjoy Valentine’s Day. Get creative and watch the same movie together, eat cake together, or other things…
7) Nina’s Coffee Cafe: Located at Dale and Selby, this beautiful coffee cafe in the Blair Arcade will make any date all the more romantic. Be sure to rent one of their Scrabble boards for a game or two.
8) Ice Skating: Didn’t make it to the ice skating competition in Sochi? Make your lover feel like a champion on the ice rink over at The Depot in downtown Minneapolis.
9) GrandView Theater: Movies are always romantic; make sure to make your lover feel like a star too!
10) Wells Fargo Bank: For the KWOC minded couples…
11) Whole Foods Sampler: Don’t feel like spending any money? Evade the Whole Foods staff and make your rounds around the store, sampling all they have to offer.
12) Health and Wellness Center: Wrap your gift up this season and play it safe!
13) The Igloo: It’s the perfect place to cuddle up to your significant other.
14) Friendsy: Maybe it’s time to finally click that “date” button on that person you have been eyeing… who knows what might happen!