The mission of The Mac Weekly is to be the most accurate, most thorough and most interesting source of news, sports and entertainment for the campus community. The responsibilities that staff members of the Weekly should operate on are:
* To assertively seek content that has high interest, impacts the reader, provokes discussion and advances the reader’s knowledge
* To react quickly to any newsworthy events, whether on campus, around the Twin Cities or in another part of the world (if it impacts our campus community).
* To make the products as relevant to the campus community as possible by knowing what has happened, what is happening and what may happen in the news
* To create a product that is a reflection of the diversity of the backgrounds, goals and interests of the readers and all of the campus community
* To develop as technically proficient and ethical student journalists.
*The Mac Weekly commits to the standards set by our diversity statement.